Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Who, Who Cares What it's Called When it's Cashmere?



Light-Weight Cashmere a.k.a. SuperCashmere Fine
Karabella Yarn Co.
100% Cashmere
Gauge: 7 sts/in. on needle size US 3
50 g = 202 yds.
My Color: 1250
My Source: The Knit-Stop, Indianapolis, IN
Retail Price: $25.00
Stitch Pattern: Tiger-Eye, Barbara Walker's 2nd Treasury of Knitting Patterns
Yet another wonderful yarn from Karabella. This one is super light weight, and a joy to work with. I'd spend many an hour wrapped up in a shawl made from this yarn, and with 202 yards per skein, a smallish shawl wouldn't necessarily be out of the realm of possibilities for a yarn of this price. Though the stitch pattern here is called Tiger-Eye, it looks more like an owl to me. An owl, a tiger, who cares when it's cashmere?

1 comment:

vtwopoint5 said...

I immediately thought "owl" when I saw the pic :)