Monday, June 18, 2007

A Sunbrella and a Fan in One



5% Ceramic, 95% Viscose.
50 gr = 98 yds.
Gauge: 16 sts x 20 rows to 4 " on US #8 needles/Metric: 5mm/UK:6 - circ
My Color: 7008
Retail price: $13.55


Neither of these photos really does this swatch justice, but the bottom one is closer to the true color. I attempted a bit of yarn-over laciness in the middle, but this yarn does not want to be lace. It's better as a straight fabric, in my opinion. I was very excited about this yarn, as I tend to run a little hot during the summer. This one claims to help you feel 5 degrees cooler, give UVA & UVB protection, and is static free. I have yet to make it into a wearable garment, so I can't confirm or deny those claims, but it's a fun, silky, squarish ribbon-like yarn, that is certainly worth a try. If you have a garment made from it, please let me know!

1 comment:

cindybmw2004 said...

I have a sweater with black ribbon made up in the ceramic yarn. The pattern is from the manufacturer's pattern book. I haven't worn it yet, but you can see on my blog. Along with my comments about knitting with this yarn.