Saturday, June 16, 2007

Another Coco I Am Not



Arusha
Curious Creek Fibers
50% Silk ~ 50% Merino Wool 2-ply
Spun in Switzerland ~ Hand-painted in the USA
100 g. = 138 yds. ~ 125 m.
Gauge: 3-3.5 st. / inch on US #11-13
My Color: Anemone

Merinos Otto Shadow
Baruffa (distributed by Trendsetter)
100% EXTRA FINE MERINO WOOL 8 PLY
50gr. = 99 yds
Gauge: 5 sts=1" on US #8 needles
My Color: 1775 Rose Blossom


This swatch is a few different attempts at a Chanel-looking fabric. The bright colored yarn is the Arusha, while the more subtle color is the Otto Shadow. The light color of the Otto disappears in the bottom of the swatch, while the two-row slipped stitches of the middle part are a bit too long for my taste. I'm more partial to the top of the swatch, where I only slipped the stitches on one row. The Otto yarn is SO nice a soft, and very, very springy. I really loved it. The Arusha is so very beautiful. Their colors are amazing. I don't know why this yarn doesn't just walk right out of the store on a daily basis. People don't know what they're missing.

No comments: