Sunday, June 17, 2007

Chanel Number 2, and 3, and 4, and 5, and 6, but not 9 (that one's for Coco)







Arusha
Curious Creek Fibers
50% Silk ~ 50% Merino Wool 2-ply
Spun in Switzerland ~ Hand-painted in the USA
100 g. = 138 yds. ~ 125 m.
Gauge: 3-3.5 st. / inch on US #11-13


Well, Coco may not have so much on me after all, as, this time, I've come closer to the look I was going for. Much better than yesterday (see original post here). All it took was a little half-linen stitch, and the Curious Creek Fibers weren't so curious after all. The trick was slipping the stitch with the yarn in front instead of in the back. It seems that any combination of their colors is gorgeous when done in this way. Even the back of the fabric is pretty. I see a turquoise and brown Chanelesque jacket in my future....

No comments: