Thursday, May 24, 2007

Nature Cotton


Nature Cotton
Araucania Yarn Co.
100% Cotton
+/- 100 gr. = 105 yd.
Gauge: 13 st. / 4" on Needle Size 5 - 6 US. / 9 - 8 UK
My Color: AZ07
My Source: The Knit Stop, Indianapolis, IN
Retail Price: $7.95



Yet another challenge to my "I Hate Cotton Yarns" mantra, the Nature Cotton was actually nice to work with. It was soft, unlike its mercerized cousins, and maybe the mercerization is what ai really hate. I'm certainly being made to question my mantra alot these days! This swatching has been good for my closed-minded stance towards cottons. This one is thick and thin, like a cotton verson of Manos del Uruguay wool, and is, therefore (in my humble opinion) good for more casual wear. If you want your stitches to look perfect, this one would not be a good choice. However, if you want it to feel soft, this is a great choice.

No comments: