Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Diva-ine







10% Glass Beads, 23% Cotton, 67% Nylon
50 gr = 33 yds
Gauge: 8 sts & 8 rows to 4" on US Needle #19
My Color: 5301
My Source: The Knit Stop, Indianapolis, IN
Retail price: $42.00


Es ist gut! You might just walk on by this one at your LYS, but if you happen to pick it up, you're in for a nice surprise. It just looks like your average ball of ribbon yarn, so the price might shock you. But on closer examination you will see some hidden jewels, literally. From the Muench Yarns website, I quote: "A wide woven ribbon of beautiful shiny microfiber rayon, combined with a coordinating soutache thread with glass beads sewn down the middle." Now I don't know what a soutache is, but the rest of it describes this yarn perfectly. As with other novelties, I found the beads showed up best on the purl side, so keep that in mind if you're designing your own beautiful number in this yarn.

1 comment:

foodandknitgirl said...

looks like silk, I love it .