Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Limari



Limari

Araucania
70% Wool, 20% Alpaka, 10% Silk
Gauge: 2.75 sts. per inch on US Needle Size: 11
100g = 73 yds
My Color: 569
Retail Price: $16.00


I walked into the yarn shop today and knew this had to come home with me. It is gorgeous. I quickly, and I mean quickly, knit up this swatch, thinking it was very much like Rowan Big Wool. Then when I searched for it at Araucania's own website, it wasn't even listed, it's so new. I finally found it at the distributor's site, Knitting Fever. There I found out it wasn't just wool, but also had my very favorite fiber, alpaca, along with silk! Who knew? I guess I could have read the ball band, but that would have been too easy. I enjoy a good sleuthing. So, if Rowan's colorways are a bit too bland for you, try this one on for size. It comes in a number of different hand-painted colors, which you can see at the Knitting Fever site linked to the Limari name.

No comments: