Monday, July 16, 2007

Do You Dream in Color?



22 micron 100% Australian merino wool (Superwash)
Gauge: 6.5 to 8 sts. per inch on U.S. 1 to 3 needles
4 oz ≈450 yards
My Color: The ball band says 240, but looking at the website, it looks more like 250 In Vino Veritas
My Pattern: Ultimate Crocheted Socks by Dorothy Hardy in Crochet Me online magazine


From the company's website: "Inspired by the play of light in nature, our veil dyeing process brings depth and life to color, giving garments a subtle, dramatic shimmer and shine. While veil dyed yarn has all the unique character of other hand-dyed yarns, it will not “landscape” or “pool.” The result? A magnificent, flattering garment every time!"


What a wonderful yarn! I love it in all the weights, but this is the only one I've knit with. They're a company out of Chicago, which is where I first found them. But I bought the sock yarn here in Indiana at The Shuttle Shop in Warsaw, IN. I've really enjoyed working with it, and you dyehard/diehard sock knitters out there ought to give it a try if you haven't yet. The name is totally appropriate, as it is truly smooshy yarn.

No comments: