Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dia-ing to Knit


Dialent
Diakeito Yarn by Dancing Fibers
40% Acrylic, 24% Viscose, 18% Ramie, 11% Cotton, 6% Polyester, 1% Nylon
Gauge: 35-37 sts in 4” using two plies on #4-5 Needle
25 grams = ±149 yds
My Color: 704
My Source: The Knit Stop, Indianapolis, IN
Retail price: $14.25
Stitch pattern: Diamanta by French Girl Knits
As soon as this yarn came in at my LYS, I had to have it! It is so pretty, and comes in a multitude of colors. If you like openwork, but don't like wool, this could be your ticket. Althought blocking wouldn't do you a bit of good, some pretty stitches on big needles look even prettier in this yarn. My model uses only a single ply, though the gauge on the band suggests two. I love it and will definitely use it again. And check out those French Girl Knits patterns, too. They're awesome!

No comments: