Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dia Who?

Today, I bring you:

Diacosta
Diakeito Yarns by Dancing Fibers
43% acrylic / 47% rayon
148 yds per 40gm ball
5.5 sts per inch
Retail Price: $16.00
My source: Knit Stop, Indianapolis, IN

I didn't love it. It really needs to be a shawl or some other large needle lacy project, which is not what I was doing with a swatch. The stockinette stitch was pretty and had a nice sheen. When I added a few yarnovers, it was nice, but nothing to write home about. Even though I did garter stitch on the bottom, sides, and top, the swatch still rolled. When I was finished, I realized I could not block the swatch, because the yarn is acrylic and viscose. Still, I've seen it in a shawl, and it was very pretty.

I then tried a modular square, with equally fair results. This particular colorway was just a solid color yarn with another solid color thread wrapped around it. However, Diacosta does come in more varied colorways, which would probably be very pretty done modularly, too. The surrounding thread color stays the same, while the inner yarn color changes gradually.

No comments: