Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Can it Be any Sweeter?


While I'm on the Be Sweet kick, here's another one for you. This one is their Brushed Mohair
Be Sweet Yarn Company
From their website: "Regular weight brushed baby mohair. 50g ball is 120 yards. 3 stitches / inch on US 11 needles. Available in over 60 solid and 14 hand painted colors."
My source: KnitStop, Indianapolis, IN
Price: $15.95

I used the Bright Red colorway. Well, it wasn't my idea actually. I fell in love with a beautiful scarf/stole that my friend, Katie, was making with this yarn, and everytime I went to the shop, I coveted it. When it came on sale, I swooped in for the kill. I bought 3 balls, but only needed two for Be Sweet's own Capelette pattern. I haven't scrunched the ends together and put a flower on it yet, but I will, since tomorrow is Valentine's Day.

This yarn is SO yummy, it's like red cotton candy without all the calories. I swear to you I was tempted to eat it. It is that nice. I LOVED working with it. It's as soft as can be and the color is so completely saturated that is truly a joy to behold. That said, it did add a little bit of color to my wooden needles, so it probably needs a good rinsing and swish of vinegar to make sure it's good and set before wearing with white. But vinegar with cotton candy? It just doesn't seem right.



2 comments:

Sheila said...

That color is great. I am not familiar with the yarn. Is it a local yarn?

Know Better, Feel Better said...

No, it's not local. It's actually from South Africa. Check out the post for Monday, 2/12, which tells all about the company.